How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Aston Lawyer Your Own Question
Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10743
Experience:  Solicitor LLB (Hons) 23 years of experience in Conveyancing and Property Law
Type Your Law Question Here...
Aston Lawyer is online now

Dear Sir/Madam I am trying to establish whom is dealing

This answer was rated:

Dear Sir/Madam
I am trying to establish whom is dealing with Mrs Kerr's estate within Hatfield Heath, she passed last summer.
I have some legal issues to discuss.
Would it be possible to check your areas office/s, please.
Yours Truly
G A Jones
Hello and thanks for using Just Answer.
My name is ***** ***** am happy to assist you with your enquiry.
Would you know if Probate as been granted in respect of Mrs Kerr's estate?
I look forward to hearing from you.
Kind Regards
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
wouldnt have a clue
Hi Gayle,
Thanks for your reply.
Well, provided her Estate is worth more than £5,000 the Executor(s) have to apply for Probate before they can close any Bank accounts/sell any property.
Although I can't personally tell you who is dealing with the Estate, what you can do is apply to Leeds Probate Registry with a postal Probate search. This search will confirm if Probate has been granted. If it has, you can then apply for a copy. The copy will show you who the Executor(s) are and it will also show which Solicitors applied for Probate and whom are therefore dealing with the Estate on behalf of the Executors.
Here is a link to show you how to apply for a postal Probate search-
Alternatively, please Google "obtaining copy Probate" and you will see the above website.
I hope this helps you and that I have assisted you.
Kind Regards
Aston Lawyer and other Law Specialists are ready to help you