How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 71140
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

Hi. Ive been harassed with letters and messages on my phone

This answer was rated:

Hi. I've been harassed with letters and messages on my phone and facebook. Police closed the case cos they couldn't prove anything. I changed my phone number and closed facebook so it all stop. Only once a mount email which i dont read. But now the police asking me to go to the station cos the girl i though was harassing me apparently is victim on same harassment as well. I cant deal with this any more as it effects my life mu weight and cannot sleep. And i do t want to speak every day of the same things over and over again. Can you please advise me what i should do? How can i stop all this and live a normal life? Not with calls from crazy people or police.
Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will try to help with this.
Are you asking if you can avoid this?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I dont want to go to the police i dont want to be involved in all this mess as it doesnt make any good to me. Lost so much weight had so many sleepless nights. Can i have a lawyer to represent me as i cannot deal with this any more
Yes, you can ask for a solicitor to attend with you and that is what you should do.
If you are arrested then they will offer you one at the police.
If you attend as a volunteer then they will not but you can arrange one in advance
You have a right to a solicitor under PACE and you should have one.
Can I clarify anything for you?
Jo C. and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
What you mean as i attend as i volunteer they will not. Arrest me or provide me with solicitor?
I'm not sure what you mean?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
In your previous answer was stated :
If you attend as a volunteer they will not but you can arrange one in advance? What that means?
If you attend the police station as a volunteer then you do not come under PACE so a solicitor is not offered during the booking in procedure.

You can arrange one in advance.