How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

My son is a terrible gambler, he is prepared to give me power

This answer was rated:

My son is a terrible gambler, he is prepared to give me power of attorney over his property interests and financial affairs. is this easily achieved and what would i expect to pay for it.
It does not cost anything to make the power of attorney.
Your son should consider making a lasting power of attorney in your favour over his property and financial affairs.
The form of attorney is free and you can download it from here
The power of attorney needs to be registered after it has been signed and before it becomes effective, it costs £110 to register the power of attorney, see here for the registration process
And see here for the registration fees
So, the whole process can be done in £110
Hope this helps
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Many thanks for that. Once my son has arranged this, can he just present it to his solicitor to put matters into my hands ?

Yes he may do so, or deal with you directly as it is not necessary for a solicitor to be involved.
All the best
UKSolicitorJA and other Law Specialists are ready to help you