Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor LLB (Hons) 23 years of experience in Conveyancing and Property Law

How much does it cost to set up a power of attorney, a client

How much does it cost to set up a power of attorney, a client of mine was quoted about £600 plus extra for a home visit, I have now retired
Hello and thanks for using Just Answer.
My name is ***** ***** am happy to assist you with your enquiry.
The going rate charged by a High Street Solicitor is approx.-
One LPA for one person which is registered at the Office of the Public Guardian is £350- £450 + VAT + OPG fee of £110
Two registered LPAs (Welfare & Financial) £600-£650- + VAT + OPG fees of £220.
The home visit would be charged on top of the above fees, depending on your local the Solicitor is to the client.
I can't talk for these online Companies offering LPA's but the above is the "traditional" Solicitor fees.
I hope this helps.
Kind Regards
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Do you think the online are OK for a simple POA for one grandson to help deal with financial matters of his grandmother

Hi William,

As long as you make sure it is a Lasting Power of Attorney, then I'm sure that would be OK.

Kind Regards