How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 71154
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

hi i run a cleaning business and we hold the keys for a

This answer was rated:

i run a cleaning business and we hold the keys for a lot of the houses we clean. One of the owners phoned me on saturday to say that a lot of staff was missing from the property. I went there straight away to offer sport, but could not agree to his suggestion that my cleaner has stolen the goods. 12 years ago i had a fine for deception for changing a label in a shop so i do have a criminal record unfortunately. My conviction is now spent and i have never done anything that is against the law, but i cannot hep but think that the police might call me in for that? Any advice? I am may be stressing out more than I should, but the truth is that I am still having flashes of what happened 12 years back and having to live with the stain on my name has been very difficult.
Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will try to help with this.
How can I help with this please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i need some advice on what the possibilities are ? I am a worrier and can't stop thinking about it.

The police are not going to call you in unless you have been to the property and have had some opportunity to steal there. There is just plain no evidence against you.
They may call your cleaner in although they will only do that if there is a clear allegation against that person rather than just a suspicion that they may have been responsbile.
The fact of your previous matter is quite old now and not likely to be considered. It would just mean that you cannot say you are of good character.
Can I clarify anything for you?
Jo C. and other Law Specialists are ready to help you