How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I went on holiday and had a accident on the monday, i broke

Customer Question

I went on holiday and had a accident on the monday, i broke my arm i called the insurance team and asked for there help they told me i would need to be repatriated but nothing happened They gave me wrong information, there was no follow up during my week long stay at the resort, in the end i got myself home, I have had no compensation towards the lose of ski higher no advise if i could claim my holiday back I think that the delay in my getting home has hindered my recovery as i was on the wrong medication, I had a family travel insurance policy

Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.

What is your query please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I would like to know if i can claim composition

Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.
Yes, you may make a claim for compensation against the insurer if your claim was not handled properly.

You would need to go through the insurer's formal complaints procedure first and if that doesn't help you, you may then complain to the Financial Ombudsman Service, for free. the FOS has the power to look at your claim and decide whether or not the insurer is liable.

See here for the procedure of how to complain:

May I help further?