How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

I booked two nights accommodation on the Isle of Wight. The

This answer was rated:

I booked two nights accommodation on the Isle of Wight. The advertisement on the internet seriously misrepresented the actual accommodation which was a run down terraced house. The housekeeper told me the previous tenants had not left, the shower was blocked, the room was filthy and there was no bedding. Consequently I called the owner who refunded my money. I had to return to London as no other accommodation was available at the time.
I had booked through Trip Advisor on the internet and they asked for feedback. I gave a truthful account of the circumstances which they published. The owner threatened to sue me and is demanding my address and asking which court I would like to appear in. He cannot have a case as I am the victim and have only given a totally truthful account of circumstances. What should I do to stop him harassing me?
As you rightly say, truth is a defence to any claim for defamation, so he would not have a case against you even if he took the matter to court.
You may ignore his contacts and you may report him to the police for harassment if he makes more than 2 contacts with you.
May I help further?
UKSolicitorJA and other Law Specialists are ready to help you