How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Aston Lawyer Your Own Question
Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10734
Experience:  Solicitor LLB (Hons) 23 years of experience in Conveyancing and Property Law
Type Your Law Question Here...
Aston Lawyer is online now

MY NAME T P House. My wife and I have made 2 Discretionary

This answer was rated:

MY NAME T P House. My wife and I have made 2 Discretionary trust Wills, our 2 sons being the Trustees. If one of us dies (lets say myself), my wife will still live in our house, eventually all will go to our 2 sons. Does this in any way change the Council Tax, or who pays what?

Hello and thanks for using Just Answer.

My name is ***** ***** am happy to assist you with your enquiry.

As regards ***** ***** this is payable by the occupier of a property, so there won't be any change withthis, in that your Wife would remain liable. Your Wills should also specify who should be responsible fo rthe repair/upkeep of the property if such a situation arises (normally, the occupier would be responsible for these items).

I hope this assists you, but please let me know if I can be of any further help.

Kind Regards


Aston Lawyer and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Al,

With a Discretionary Trust Will, would my son (My executor) have to inform anyone, or will he just treat the will in the normal way and my half of the property be automatically in trust with him as my executor?


Your Son, as Executor, is not under a duty to inform anyone concerning the house if anything happens to you or your Wife.

Kind Regards