How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

Following mediationMediation re county court claim against

This answer was rated:

Following mediation Mediation re county court claim against 2 defendants has been successful in my favour. Is there a particular form I should fill in to inform the court ? or would a letter from me (Claimant) be acceptable. A Tomlin order has been signed by the Defendants solicitor and me the Claimant but doesn't specify the exact amount that has been agreed.

For future reference how soon should a reply to defence and counterclaim be filed is it at the time of allocation questionnaire Thank you

Alex Watts : Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.
Alex Watts : Have proceedings been stayed? Has a sum been agreed?

schedule states 7 days from date of sealed order(?) the first defendant shall pay claimant a sum of 3500, also tomlin order (separate from schedule) states proceedings be stayed upon terms in schedule, no order as to costs

Alex Watts : Ok, so £3500 is agreed?

yes(Defendant to pay this sum to me), a small sum considering the actual claim . I don't have the time to pursue actual claim as the Defendant may declare himself bankrupt, he is in money trouble and owes money to others

Alex Watts : Ok. You simply make an application to court using form n244
Alex Watts :
Alex Watts : You are asking the court to approve the order.
Alex Watts : This is the procedure and why you should do.
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Ash and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you . I cannot find any relevant info re fee to accompany this form . Both the parties have consented to withdraw the claim and counterclaim following successful mediation does that mean there is no fee to send with form n244

£50 application by consent.


Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for your quick response and excellent service