How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 35054
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

Hi, I am going through a divorce and have an agreement in place

This answer was rated:

Hi, I am going through a divorce and have an agreement in place for maintenance payments. My children are staying with me for 5 weeks over the summer, do I still need to pay the full amount of maintenance for that period?
Many Thanks
Thank you for your question.
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you
I am afraid that unless your ex agrees otherwise the maintenance will have to continue to be paid
However there is no reason not to at least try and negotiate a reduction!
Please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
So if she doesn't agree, the full amount must be payed?
Yes I am afraid so
Do you pay voluntarily, via the CSA or by way of a court order?
Clare and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Voluntarily based on government guidelines
Then I am afraid that unless you want your ex to apply to the CMS (new CSA) you will indeed have to keep paying