How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 71051
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

How do I get legal aid

This answer was rated:

How do I get legal aid
Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will try to help with this.
-Could you explain your situation a little more?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I will appearing in court on Friday. Drink driving offence, possible custodial sentence. Already had duty solicitor on first appearance and I'm on Jobseeker's Allowance ATM.
You just fill out a CDS 14 form with the solicitor of your choice.
you are on a passported benefit so there should be no difficulty. Its not always available for drink driving but it should be if there is a risk of custody.
If you are in Court Friday though then you need to act urgently. A firm that does not already have somebody in Court on that day probably will not want to send somebody in case legal aid is refused.
If they have somebody there anyway though then they will probably take a risk.
Can I clarify anything for you?
Jo C. and 5 other Law Specialists are ready to help you