How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alice H Your Own Question
Alice H
Alice H, Solicitor/Partner
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2850
Experience:  Partner in national law firm
Type Your Law Question Here...
Alice H is online now

I have an ex employee online stalking me, harassing me and

This answer was rated:

I have an ex employee online stalking me, harassing me and getting people to do so. He is doing it to myself, my clients, colleagues and personal acquaintances. It is none stop. To belittle my name and my work. Local police can not do too much, how do I take action for this now as I can not cope with it.
Alex Hughes : My name is***** and I'm happy to help with your question today. I need to ask you some preliminary questions to be able to help you.
Alex Hughes : Has he been given a harassment warning by the police and/or arrested?
Alex Hughes : Do you still need help?

No he hasnt. they said hes not doing any direct threats


& they can call to warn him at the moment


But he is emailing me, every client i had or personal aquaintance


its been going on for months & not stopping

Alex Hughes : If the police are not taking action then your only option is to get a restraining order under the Protection from Harassment Act 1997. This is a court order like an injunction stopping him from doing the things that you allege. If he breaks the order he could be sent to prison for upto 5 years.

How do I do this?

Alex Hughes : You can make the application yourself or get a solicitor to help you. You can get details of local solicitors from the Law Society is you call them on 0207(###) ###-####

If I made the application, where would I?

Alex Hughes : I think you'd be better off with a solicitor because statements will need to be taken and an application drafted for the court.

I cant seem to find anywhere on line



Alex Hughes : You cannot make the application online. You have to get the forms from your local County Court which deals with this type of case.

OK I understand


thanks so much

Alex Hughes : No problem. If you want to deal with the application I can give you some more guidance but due to the amount of time involved you will have to consider increasing the fee please.
Alex Hughes : Can I assist any further?
Alice H and other Law Specialists are ready to help you