How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ben Jones Your Own Question
Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 49779
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ben Jones is online now

i have since the beginning of april to get my hillarys blind

Customer Question

i have since the beginning of april to get my hillarys blind repaired
they took my blind away and said they would refit it on 22 april
unfortunatly i was away for two weeks i phoned them when i returned and they denied
any knowledge of my blind.
after numerous phone calls ,i wrote to them with all the dates of my phone calls
on the 9th june they told me a fitter would be here on the 13th june.
one 13th the fitter called and could not fit as there was piece missing
the blind was taken away again,they now tell me they do not make this model anymore
they keep promising to phone but they never do.
my wife and i are in our eightys and were looking forward to spending time
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 3 years ago.

Ben Jones :

Hello, my name is Ben and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. Have they offered to fit replacement blinds, even if they are not the ones you originally ordered?

JACUSTOMER-t135jtaf- :

how can i get compensation

Ben Jones :

You can only get compensation for the blinds you had ordered and which were faulty. I am afraid that the law does not cover you for compensation for any stress or discomfort suffered as a result of this - you will not get a court to order any compensation for this and it is unfortunately something you have to accept. So you have to consider what losses you have actually suffered as a result of the faults - you can expect the seller to offer you a repair or replacement and if they cannot repair them and no suitable replacement is available then all you can pursue them for is the initial cost you paid for the blinds. You can approach them to discuss this option with them, assuming hat replacement or repair is not possible. If they refuse to issue any compensation to cover the costs you paid to get and install the binds, then you have the option of taking the matter to the small claims court and pursue it that way.

Ben Jones :

Hope this clarifies your position? If you could please let me know that would be great, thank you

Ben Jones :

Hello, I see you have accessed and read my answer to your query. Please let me know if this has answered your original question or if you need me to clarify anything else for you in relation to this? I just need to know whether to close the question or not? Thanks