How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 12086
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

i have been arrested for shoplifting in aberdeen appox 200GB.

Customer Question

i have been arrested for shoplifting in aberdeen appox 200GB. Wat r the consequence i will have to face for it. At the same time i was a Kleuptomania patient.
What happened was not tht good. Rite now iam afraid whether it will know in outside world.
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question.

Do you have a medical history which could be shown to the court?

What treatment do you get?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I do have the medical history. This was first spotted on 2008, and i was under treatment till 2011. After that i felt OK. But the doctor warned me that, some times it could be triggered due to anxiety and depression, and for this u need to do yoga. And for past couple of years i was doing yoga, but suddenly i dont know what happened.

I didnt have any treatment in UK. i was under medication with doctor in India, and i could show that history.

This is my first incident in UK. Will i be able to get out of this without any criminal conviction.

Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.
You will still get a criminal conviction but the sentence will take into account your condition. You will have to produce medical information to the court and the court would in all likelihood deal with this leniently, possibly by way of a fine or a deferral for good behaviour.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Will a good criminal lawyer could deal with and avoid my criminal conviction. As this incident didnt happen delibratly.


Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.
Yes you will need a good lawyer.
Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.
Let me know if I can help you further with this. Otherwise please leave a positive repos se so that I am credited for my time.