How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 71031
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I can pay in full now. If I send text message stating my intention

This answer was rated:

I can pay in full now. If I send text message stating my intention to pay all or half the amount and asking him to contact me, is the ball in the bailiff's court given that I have no paperwork (it's all gone to the previous address as far as I can gather)?
Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will try to help with this.
Just pay it then.
There is no need to negotiate at all in those cirucmstances. Just pay the full amount off and that will bring an end to the matter.
If you are saying that you don't know the amount then keep pestering him. Literally a call an hour every hour tomorrow.
Actually if you haven't been told an amount then you cannot pay and if he keeps pursuing you in those circusmtances you might well have a claim against him for a refund.
Jo C. and other Law Specialists are ready to help you