How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 71041
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

Can I engage a solicitor to sue next door neighbours for verbal

Customer Question

Can I engage a solicitor to sue next door neighbours for verbal abuse causing me stress and fear for my safety .
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for your question. My name is Jo and I will try to help with this.

You can engage a solicitor. You could get a solicitor to write to her for about £100 plus VAT or thereabouts. That might succeed.

In truth, if its just verbal abuse then you do not have a claim against her for compensation I'm afraid.

You could possibly consider an injunction order to prevent her having contact with you although there is expense in that but it can be done.

The police will just give them a harassment warning though which might well be enough to address your concerns.

Can I clarify anything for you?