How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

My son has dual nationality.He currently has an Israeli passport

This answer was rated:

My son has dual nationality.He currently has an Israeli passport but now wants to get a
British passport.He is still living in Israel and I am over here in the U.K.
I have been getting messages allegedely from him on Facebook saying to photocopy my passport to him in Israel but it doesn't sound the right way to do things to me.
What is the correct procedure to follow for him to get a British passport?
Has he ever held a UK passport?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No.He is 25 next week.

Thank you.
Where was he born?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

London.St Georges Hospital,Tooting.

Thank you.
He will need the passport numbers of both parents, see her for the procedure for him to apply for a first adult passport
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

is it safe to photo copy my passport details to him or his solicitor?

Yes, as long as you are comfortable doing this and can be sure that he or his solicitor will not misuse the copy of your passport, otherwise you may just give him the passport number and a copy of your birth certificate which is a public document anyway and can be obtained from the General Register Office by anyone.
Hope this helps
UKSolicitorJA and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

o.k. thank you very much for your help.

Welcome, please leave feedback