How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alice H Your Own Question
Alice H
Alice H, Solicitor/Partner
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2850
Experience:  Partner in national law firm
Type Your Law Question Here...
Alice H is online now

I bought a season ticket in good faith from Blackpool F.C.

Customer Question

I bought a season ticket in good faith from Blackpool F.C. for the sum of £195.30,without going into detail the Chairman openly offered to refund any one who was not happy with their purchase. I deliberated for a week and then decided to contact the club who told me that the offer had been stopped by the chairman.
I have mailed his secretary on two occasions politely explaining that due to his mishandling of the situation at the club that as an ex sponsor and season ticket holder I would like to take up the offer of a refund, as of yet I have had no response and I am absolutely incensed.
Is there any form of legal redress that I can take .
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Alice H replied 3 years ago.

Alex Hughes : My name is Alex Hughes and I'm happy to help with your question today. I need to ask you some preliminary questions to be able to help you.
JACUSTOMER-3e0ew1s1- :

Ok,please feel free

Alex Hughes : The express offer of a refund is a binding promise. You should put your request for a refund in writing with 7-days to pay. If no payment is forthcoming you should initiate County Court proceedings (small claim) against the club. You can do this online using Money Claim Online.
JACUSTOMER-3e0ew1s1- :

Ok its that simple the owner of the club is Owen Oyston you may have heard of him,nothing appears that simple !! But Thanks

Alex Hughes : I suggest that your initial letter should be copied into the Mr Oyston. And make it clear that 7-days is the time limit for payment. If no payment is forthcoming then this is the link to start your claim: