How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

Hi i leave in Gibraltar in a Government rented flat. The estate

This answer was rated:

Hi i leave in Gibraltar in a Government rented flat. The estate has been negleted for many years so tennants have done up exteriors nicely to their choice in all these years. I myself have done some tileing on my corridor and put new windows now they want to take everything down i have spent a lot of money can something be done about this ? Thank you
Alex Hughes : My name is***** and I'm happy to help with your question today. I need to ask you some preliminary questions to be able to help you.
Alex Hughes : Does your tenancy agreement permit the work you've done? Why do they want you to undo this work?
Customer: Well actually they have not bothered doing anything in many years i dont think it permits it but msny tennants have done so because no government bothered in doing anything now they want uniformaty but what about what we have spent ?
Alex Hughes : I think you have a very good point but your tenancy agreement is going to determine how to deal with this problem. Are you able to scan me a copy (without names etc) and I will have a look at it for you?
Customer: I am afraid i canjot do that i have no means of doing it
Alex Hughes : OK. Unfortunately then I have to opt out because I cannot give you an answer with knowing what the terms and conditions of the tenancy are.
Alex Hughes : Without knowing what the terms and conditions are.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.
Do you have the tenancy agreement please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi i am afraid i cannot forwared the contract can you give me an idea if i have any grounds on this case please thanking you
You need to check the agreement and see what it says. If it says that you can not make alterations or carry out works, then you have to take it down.
If it does NOT have a clause that states this then you can.
Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Ok i will have a look and take it from there. Thank you very much fir your help
Great. If I could therefore invite you to rate my answer.
If the system wont let you please do say.
If you need more help please click reply.
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience: Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you