How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Max Lowry Your Own Question
Max Lowry
Max Lowry, Advocate
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 1457
Experience:  LLB, 10 years post qualification experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Max Lowry is online now

I wonder if you could help me,about 16 years ago i was made

This answer was rated:

I wonder if you could help me,about 16 years ago i was made bankrupt and since then with illness and moving from place to place i have lost all details and memory of the event.a few months ago my daughter received a letter from a solicitor informing me that two pension policies had come to fruition and each would pay £ 3000 each and a annuity of £ 100 per year and they were keeping the six thousand pounds and i would be allowed the 100 pounds annuity,now the problem is my daughter has mislaid the letter and we have no idea who the solicitor is or who the pension companies are. I have tried several pension services in cluding the govermment one and also experian , can you help ? peter
Hi, welcome to the site. My name is ***** ***** I will help you with your question. As you were made bankrupt pre 2000 your pension falls into your bankruptcy estate. Do you recall where you lived when you were made bankrupt? If so, try contacting the local official receivers office and ask them if they can check who your trustee in bankruptcy was? The case will be open within some department of the OR's office. Once you have the trustees details you can find out the details of his solicitor and the pension company.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i have tried on line to find the official receivers office but to no avail and i thought you might have at least have given me a contact number

I'm sorry that you have left me a poor rating. I would have given you a telephone number but I don't know which area of England you lived in at the time - that's why I mentioned it. Would you be kind enough to change your rating to at least ok and I will provide you with a telephone number for the right OR's office?Kind regards
Max Lowry and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

the area i lived in at the time was Huddersfield West Yorkshire

Thank you kindly for changing the rating. It means a lot to me.

The Leeds office deals with the Huddersfield area. The telephone number is 0113 200 6000. The address is Leeds office, 3rd Floor, 1 City Walk, Leeds LS11 9DA.

If you have any difficulties feel free to come back to me.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok thanks very much and i apolagise for the earlier remarks

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i have looked at the office in Leeds on line but this office only deals with current and bankruptcies up to 3 months old

Ok. Let me make some enquiries and I will come back to you.
Ok and thanks for your patience. You will need to call the Regional Trustees and Liquidators Unit in Stoke. They used to be called the protracted realisations unit. Their number is

North West,Stoke 01782 664100

I'm am certain they will be able to help you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thank you very much .most helpfull

Anytime. Thank you.