How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alice H Your Own Question
Alice H
Alice H, Solicitor/Partner
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2850
Experience:  Partner in national law firm
Type Your Law Question Here...
Alice H is online now

My lawyer failed to send/ notify me of the interim bill after

This answer was rated:

My lawyer failed to send/ notify me of the interim bill after they had gained probate, which they said they would in their contract with me, They have advised on the estate account which has incorrect liabilities figures and the total bill was for £3600 which is £2000 more than I was expecting. Where do I stand ?
My name is***** and I'm happy to help with your question today.
You can complain about the solicitors conduct to the Solicitors Regulation Authority:
You can also complain about the poor service that you received to the Legal Ombudsman Service:
These complaints are free to make and are generally investigated quicker than if you sue the solicitor through the courts. The Ombudsman has power to order the solicitor to lower his bill and/or direct a refund of fees.
Hope this assists.
Alice H and 4 other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Hi Richard

I am following up our conversation to see how you got on with the issue. If you need any further help then please let me know - remember I am a qualified UK Solicitor and able to help on most aspects of English Law. I am London based and usually able to respond to your query very quickly.

Alex Hughes