How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

Hello I am English and a resident of switzerland, in order

Customer Question

Hello I am English and a resident of switzerland, in order to drive in switzerland I had to change my uk drivin licence to a Swiss one,
On a stop check at the end of 2013 I was over the alchole limit 1.101 I had consumed 3 beers, the charges I have paid the Swiss version of DVLA is more then 5000 chf and I'm told these charge will double before I get my licence back.
My question is can I request a new uk permit from the DVLA or can I request my old one back from the Swiss?
I relize I can never drive in Swiss again but would I be legale to drive in the uk
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.

Your UK driving licence will have been returned back to the DVLA by the Swiss when you were issued with a Swiss driving licence.

Your ban will only apply in Switzerland, not the UK, so you need to get in touch with DVLA about getting your UK driving licence back, once you come back to the UK.

May I help further?