How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

My late mother left her share of the family home in trust for

Customer Question

My late mother left her share of the family home in trust for my sister and I. As executor do I need to do anything now to set up a trust or can I wait until my father dies, the co-owner of the property, or until he wants to move? Also do I need inform the land registry or anyone of my mother's share of the property being in trust?
Thanks Peter
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
When you say "in Trust" - did the Will set up a formal trust or are you referring to the usual wording "in trust for xxxxx"