How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 71051
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

My ex husband is due in court soon for level 5 offences. This

Customer Question

My ex husband is due in court soon for level 5 offences. This case will be distressing for my children whom he hasn't remained in contact over the past 2 years. He now lives abroad but the case is listed for our local court house. How could I go about having this case heard in another town?
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will try to help with this.
I am sorry but you don't have any grounds to do that.
There is an application that can be made but there is only one ground and that is where a person literally could not get a fair trial in a certain geographical area. The fact is here that you would rather it was tried elsewhere from an embarassment point of view and that is not a ground.
The children and anything that identifies them cannot be named though.
I'm very sorry but I can only give you truthful information.
Can I clarify anything for you?