How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alex J. Your Own Question
Alex J.
Alex J., Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 3845
Experience:  Solicitors 2 years plus PQE
Type Your Law Question Here...
Alex J. is online now

A friend of mine died on 13 March this year. I had already

Customer Question

A friend of mine died on 13 March this year. I had already agreed to be an executor and had helped her draw up a will some years before she died. The other executor is her brother and he is apparently unwilling to do anything. She left two houses and he is living in one of these. He told me that he has moved to another firm of solicitors, not the ones who drew up the will. So far as I am aware he has not yet located the original signed will. At this stage I would like to withdraw my offer of help and no longer be listed as executor. Am I within my rights to do this? And to whom should I make this decision known?
I have tried to impress on the brother the need to take some action but he is either uncooperative or unwilling to do anything.
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Alex J. replied 3 years ago.
Alex J. :

Hi, Thank you for your question and welcome. Has probate been granted over the estate? Kind regards

Alex J. :