How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

Hello, I applied for an MBA course in March 2013 and paid all

This answer was rated:

Hello, I applied for an MBA course in March 2013 and paid all the fees. The course has been cancelled. I therefore applied for a refund in January 2014, but no decision has been taken so far. I called, I wrote a letter to them, but they are still ignoring me. According to the law, what should I do next?

You may now file a court claim against the provider for the refund of your money, you may do so online at

I suspect they will refund the money when they see court summons against them.

You may also include the claim filing fee in addition to what you paid as well as interest at court rates (8% p.a) in the money that you will be claiming from them.

May I help further?

May I help further?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.


Do I need a solicitor to fill the form for me? If they still do not react after seeing the court summons, what should I do? engage a barrister?

Thank you.

You may file the claim yourself on the grounds that you contracted and paid for an MBA course which was cancelled by them through no fault of yours and that you have not yet been refunded your course fees despite several requests for the same.

You may appoint a solicitor to take up your case if you need assistance with it.

Hope this clarifies
UKSolicitorJA and other Law Specialists are ready to help you