How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I own some land next to my property. A house owner close by

Customer Question

I own some land next to my property. A house owner close by to me has a written paragraph in their deeds to park one car only on my land. However this home owner continually parks an extra car on my land without asking me. Can I legally ask the owner of the property to stop parking the extra car and can I get the authorities to remove it if they refuse?
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Ash replied 4 years ago.
Alex Watts : Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.
Alex Watts : Did you ever consent to this person parking on your land?

No, I just returned home one Friday evening and the car was parked there. It's there again tonight but I didn't see it arrive and I wasn't asked if it was o.k to park there.

Alex Watts : Ok you have two choices.
Alex Watts : 1) Employ a private company to issue a penalty charge notice
Alex Watts : 2) go to court and seek an injunction to stop him parking.
Alex Watts : The authorities won't remove it as the land is yours and they have no jurisdiction
Alex Watts : You as land owner have to deal with this nuisance yourself.
Alex Watts : You would need to complete forms n1
Alex Watts :
Alex Watts : and n16a
Alex Watts :
Alex Watts : You are seeking an order stopping the person from parking,
Alex Watts : If they breach the court order this is contempt and could be warned, fined, sent to prison for all of these.
Alex Watts : But you need to take action yourself, this is a private land matter.
Alex Watts : Can I claiify anything for you about this today please?
Alex Watts :

If this answers your question could I invite you leave feedback on my service which I hope has been excellent today, if you need more information or help then please click reply.

Please remember that I am always happy to help if you have future questions, even if I am in Court I can normally respond within a few hours. For future information, please start them with ‘For Alex W’.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: