How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alice H Your Own Question
Alice H
Alice H, Solicitor/Partner
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2850
Experience:  Partner in national law firm
Type Your Law Question Here...
Alice H is online now

hello I am 73 year old widow and rent a private flat and

Customer Question

I am 73 year old widow and rent a private flat and pay £625.monthly and I get £296 housing benefit .I applied for a pension last year and was awarded £17,818 .I have small pension from my late husband £450 per annum , would like to know if I will still be allowed some housing benefit
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Alice H replied 3 years ago.
My name is***** and I am happy to help with your question today.
Based on the information you have given you will be eligible for housing and council tax benefit.
The regulations are quite complex but using the Government benefit adviser online I can see that you are within the eligibility limits.
You can access the calculator here:
There is no harm in submitting an application to the local authority.