How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LondonlawyerJ Your Own Question
LondonlawyerJ, Advocate
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 823
Experience:  Solicitor with over 15 years experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
LondonlawyerJ is online now

I recently became involved with a man who is bad news and is

Customer Question

I recently became involved with a man who is bad news and is now in jail for assault and robbery. However I didn't know he was bad news until it was too late and it cost me the holiday I paid for for us. The reason I'm contacting you though is because while I was seeing this guy, he would regularly take my car without my consent, without me knowing obviously. On one of these occasions that he stole my car he got caught driving in a bus lane, he had taken my car keys from my bag while I was asleep after finishing night shift. I meanwhile was completely oblivious that he had taken my car until I got the letter a few weeks later from the council charging me 30, pounds for driving in a bus lane. By this time he was already in jail and I was getting all the back lash. I appealed against the charge on the grounds that the vehicle was taken without my consent or knowledg, and it was rejected. I then appealed again on the same grounds to an independent adjudicator and again my appeal was dismissed. How can I clear my name and prove I am telling the truth, as this is unfair as a decision and I have already been through enough with this guy I nearly lost my holiday car and job because of him im not paying forhis ccrimes as well.
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  LondonlawyerJ replied 3 years ago.
LondonlawyerJ :

Hello, I am a lawyer with over 15 years experience. I will try to help you with this.

LondonlawyerJ :

In some circumstances you can ask for review of the adjudicator's decision.

The grounds for review are:

  • The decision was wrongly made because of an error by our administrative staff;

  • You failed to appear or be represented at a hearing for some good reason;

  • There is new evidence, the existence of which could not have been reasonably known of or foreseen before the decision; or

  • The interests of justice require a review. You should note that findings of fact are normally regarded as final and will only be overturned if they are plainly incompatible with the evidence that was before the adjudicator. The mere fact that you disagree with these findings is not a ground for review.

Please note that a review will only be granted if an adjudicator is satisfied that one or more of these applies. A review is NOT simply an opportunity for you to appeal again. You cannot ask for a review just because you disagree with the decision.