12826847

I have received a Conditional Offer of Fixed Penalty from Cheshire

I have received a Conditional Offer of Fixed Penalty from Cheshire Police. on the 1st Of July 2014. I was driving up a road in my local area when a police officer with a speed camera gun pulled me over and advised I was travelling 42 in a 30.
I have heard that the police have 14 days to send the letter out. The date on the letter says I was driving the car on the 15th of June 2014 at 21:29. The letter is dated the 1st of July 2014.
Have the police failed to provide me with the notification in time? If they had sent the letter in 2 weeks the latest it would be dated is the 29th of June but its not its the 1st of July.
I am sorry but you are in difficulty here.
They have 14 days to send out the NIP. However, that does not apply here because you were stopped at scene and given a verbal NIP.
When they send out the FPN offer is a non issue I'm afraid.
I'm very sorry but thats your position I'm afraid and I have to give you truthful information.