We have a beech hedge between my neighbour and myself which

We have a beech hedge between my neighbour and myself which is owned by me. We have cut it every year and the neighbour has cut and disposed of the leaves on his side for 26 years. Last year he told me he was too old now to cut it and told me to get it done. We argued but eventually, my then gardener cut it and the neighbour disposed of the leaves. This year we have cut it again but he refuses to dispose of the leaves and has told me to get it done and is threatening legal action. Where do I stand in law (apart from good neighbourliness.)
Unfortunately, I am sorry to have to tell you that the leaves belong to you and therefore you are under a duty to dispose of them.
Whilst the neighbour is able to cut overhanging branches without consent, if he is physically unable to do so he is able to charge you for getting it done and for disposal of the waste.
I'm sorry that this answer is unfavourable for you.