How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32177
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I need a letter sent to a family member to see if dad left

Customer Question

I need a letter sent to a family member to see if dad left a will please as all emails and calls are ignored .family been not in contact over 15 yrs I was in weekly contact with dad he died in may I have asked the reg office but no will has been registered mbut I know she will keep all money and property and I was told by dad it was for me ,I am the eldest son and I need to see what is in his will or of there isn't one please can u tell me how much to write her a letter just to frighten her into emailing me the will as she wouldn't answer me and I have been quoted £88 to send one but im retired 61 and in benefits
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
What assets did your father have?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
He owns a flat/ appartment in London Surrey and had some cash in bank but they will not relay any information to us and I feel if a letter was to be sent to her then she would answer that either to you or by email to me if she was told to
We have tryed probate and wills but nothing registered as yet
We have no details nothing and I'm retired in benefits so don't have a lot
I think a letter to ask her to relay the information through email to me or to
You would be sufficient to start the ball rolling
Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
I am sorry but this is a question and answer forum - we cannot take any action on your behalf - do you wish to continue?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I asked was there a solicitor who can send a letter to her it is clear in my question
If you can not do that then no I don't wish to continue and require a refund as it's falsly misrepresented thanks