How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

Hi Ihave had wage arrestment issued on me re to some dept on

This answer was rated:

Hi Ihave had wage arrestment issued on me re to some dept on morgarge express for their
costs on taking us to court we had to give up property we paid the short fall now the placed the arrestment for their court costs. My husband died 2 years ago the property was in my name.
Im 65 if I was to retire can the arrest some of my pension.
I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thank you!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thats fine please carry on

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thats fine please carry on . if u rewire more info please advise on what info you need

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Thank you for your patience,
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
They can't take any of your pension, they can only take money from your bank account. What you need to do is write to the Court and make an application to pay the debt by installments.
Given you are on a pension you can offer £1 a month. The Court will consider this and is likely to order £5 a month.
But apply to the Court to pay by installments, then you know what you can realistically pay. They wont make you pay more than you can afford.
Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Alex sorry I was out yesterday, thank you for your help, very much appreciated . I can now relax a little but I feelthe are wrong after 15
years that the can do this as its their cost for taken us to court that they are now taken £100 per month. At the time we payed for the short fall as the sold the house at action at court hearing .thank you very much for all you help

Happy to help but a court will only require you to pay what you can afford.
Please do remember to rate my answer before you go - thanks
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience: Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you