How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 71133
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

For someone who has a criminal record dating back to 1966 how

This answer was rated:

For someone who has a criminal record dating back to 1966 how can I find out about the conviction and sentence?
Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will try to help with this.
-Could you explain your situation a little more?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It is regarding a GP who I recruited in 2004 who appears not to have revealed that he had a conviction for 3 sexual offences. Had I know I would not have admitted him to the GP partnership. I need to know what the exact nature of the offences. Thank you.

That is all I need to know.
I am sorry but you cannot do that. A person's antecedence is private and you cannot get access to it unless you a police officer or a court official. There are a very limited number of other exceptions but even they do not allow a person full sight. They just allow a person to ask the local police if there is any reason for concern. Those exceptions do not apply to you.
You cannot have sight of his record as indeed he could not have sight of yours. These things are confidential.
I'm very sorry.
Can I clarify anything for you?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No that's fine thank you.

No problem and all the best.
Remember that I am always available to help with your questions. Even if I am in Court I will usually pick up a question within 12 hours. For future information, please start your question with ‘For Jo C’. You can also bookmark my profile
Jo C. and other Law Specialists are ready to help you