How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 35057
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I am in a civil partnership. My partner, who is ill, is querying

This answer was rated:

I am in a civil partnership. My partner, who is ill, is querying dental charges with our dentist. \the manager is refusing to deal with me "as she can`t under the data protection act". Is the manager right, please.
Thank you for your question.
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you
Yes I am afraid that they are - unless you are holding a Lasting Power of Attorney on behalf of your partner.
Alternatively your partner can write and sign a letter of Authority authorising them to deal with the issue with you
Please ask if you need further details
Clare and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Many thanks for your help

You are most welcome