How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

Am needed advice on a matter , my boyfriend was over on the

Customer Question

Am needed advice on a matter , my boyfriend was over on the Teir 4 student visa since April this year in the uk , we moved in together a month ago having had a realtionship in the past we just picked up where we left off ! He then went back to India to visit his family and help his mother out with a legal matter while he was there for 10 days - 3 days before he was due back he got a legal email from this collage saying they were now under investagtion and all there Teir 4 students were suspended from travel until the investigation was over !
We have also just discover that am now 5 weeks pegnent as well ! I not long started to work again but only earn £11,500 per year , but I have cash saving of £15,000 and a mortgage free home ! What is our best chance of getting another suitable visa ? One that he would be able to work on - if at all possible !
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.

When will his tier 4 visa expire and which college was he attending in the UK? What is your nationality?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Am full blood Scottish . In April 2016 it would have expired and the college was Sanjari International College

Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.
Thank you.

I would advise your boyfriend to travel to the UK as he was only temporarily outside the UK and the guidance is as follows:

If you have already obtained a Tier 4 visa for study at the institution that has had its licence revoked, and you have used this visa to travel to the UK but you are now temporarily outside the UK and you attempt to enter the UK again on this visa, your leave is likely to be shortened to 60 days on arrival.

You need to make it clear to the border force officer that you intend to make a fresh application for leave to study with a different Highly Trusted Sponsor. If you do not do this, then you may not be allowed to enter the UK at all, and your visa could be cancelled; the border force officer may not believe that you are intending to do further study unless you make it clear to him/her.

So, your boyfriend should be allowed back into the UK for at least 60 days during which period he should apply to regularise his status with another education provider or switch to a family based visa if you decide to get married.

May I help further?