How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 71053
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

Good afternoon. For the last 3 football seasons I have provided

This answer was rated:

Good afternoon. For the last 3 football seasons I have provided accommodation for a few members of the under 18s team of our local Second Division club.
At the end of the 2013 – 2014 season, I told the club that I would be unable to take any boys for the next season because I have to have medical treatment.
I submitted my last invoice in mid-May for £375 however, despite chasing several e-mails I have not received settlement of the money owed.
I would like to know what I can do legally to recover the money owed.
Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will try to help with this.
why have they not paid? What is their account?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

They have always been a bit slow to pay invoices and there is never an explanation offered.

I do not have account details, previous payments have been made electronically by the club's accountant into my account

Are you willing to sue them?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I do not know much about about sueing and I would need to know more before I decide. For example I am aware that that legal costs could easily exceed the amount that I am owed, and therefore I could lose more than I gain.

Not for this amount.
This is a small claims court sum so costs would be about £35 or thereabouts.
Ultimately the only way to force them to pay is to sue. You are clearly due the money but if a company just will not pay then that is the only option. There are no other leverages that can be brought.
You can issue here
Its a good idea to send them a letter before action before issuing though. Sometimes they work. Sometimes not. It costs a stamp though.
Can I clarify anything for you?
Jo C. and other Law Specialists are ready to help you