How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

I am Uk citizen, but with Residencia in Baleares. Ihad a spanish

Customer Question

I am Uk citizen, but with Residencia in Baleares. Ihad a spanish licence as they made me change it some time ago at Traffico, when changinga car to my name. I have been fined and banned for a year, and my licence confiscated. I understand that this Ban would apply only in Spain?..could I simply allpy online at uk website saying I had lost my licence and apply for a uk duplicate, or will there have been correspondence with dvlc at time of changing to spanish licence?..

Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.

I am afraid you would be lying to the DVLA as your licence is not lost. Second issue is that your original UK driving licence will have been returned to the DVLA by the Spanish authorities so the DVLA will know that you are lying.

May I help further?