How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

what do I do Haringay council are taking an order for the sale

Customer Question

what do I do Haringay council are taking an order for the sale of my house for a £4,000.00(four thousand pounds) owed to them. what can I do?
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Ash replied 3 years ago.

Alex Watts : Hello my name is Alex and I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.
Alex Watts : Have you asked the court to pay by installments? Is this as a result of a ccj please?
JACUSTOMER-s5quecf9- :

I have not gone to the courts yet. I have been sent a Notice of Hearing to take place on 13th November 2014 with an Acknowledgement of service questionnaire to complete.

Alex Watts : They had a ccj first though is that right?
Alex Watts : Have you ever applied to the court to pay by installments please?
JACUSTOMER-s5quecf9- :

They do not have a ccj. and I have not applied to the courts to pay but instalments. I did know that was an option. I did speak to the solicitors to come to some payment arrangement but they only wanted the payment in 3 i.e paid in full in 3 months instalments only.