How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

Im a leaseholder and I paid the managing agents a large sum

This answer was rated:

I'm a leaseholder and I paid the managing agents a large sum of Money for external repairs . Seven months have passed and there still no sign of any work and no satisfactory explanation. Can I withhold payment for my service charges until work is started or can I ask for the money to be paid back .
How much did you pay and how much is your service charge to pay?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I paid over 6000 pounds for the external work and the service charges come to 2100 pounds

Thank you.
Yes, you may inform the Managing Agents to set off the service charges from the sum you have already paid for the major works.
May I help further?
The money which you have paid for the major works I.e. The £6000 is held in trust for you and you may specify that you will top up this money when the works commence.
UKSolicitorJA and other Law Specialists are ready to help you