How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32177
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

Hi I am Lpa for my mum who is in a care home and paying fees.

Customer Question

Hi I am Lpa for my mum who is in a care home and paying fees. She has given me permission to invest a small amount of money for myself in another ac, she still has her mental capacity, is it ok to do this, she has made a will, I do not speak to my sister at all. I live in the uk.?
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
How small is the amount and how much does she have in total?
What evidence do you have that she still has Capacity?