How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I live in a flat in a converted house & I have been told it

This answer was rated:

I live in a flat in a converted house & I have been told it is illegal to have gas in this situation. I want to get a gas cooker & convert my water-heating to gas. Please advise.
Alex Watts : Hello my name is ***** ***** I ill will help you with this.
Alex Watts : If you live in a converted house there is nothing stopping you from having a gas supply.
Alex Watts : Indeed if it has just been converted accross from a single house to flats it is common place to have several gas supplies and meters in one property
Alex Watts : There is nothing stopping you from having gas subject to any clause in your lease or approval from the freeholder
Alex Watts : But is It illegal - no
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything for you about this today please ?

Can you think of any reason why the freeholder should not give approval?

Alex Watts : It depends, he may not just want it.
Alex Watts : But there is nothing in law stopping you.
Alex Watts : Does that help?
Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you