How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 35059
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

My father went into a nursing home January this year due to

This answer was rated:

My father went into a nursing home January this year due to a stroke. he has been claiming pension credit as his pension is £105.oo a month. Is he still entitled to this or do I need to cancel it.I have not got Power of Attornry for my father as I filled in the forms wrong.Can I ask my fathers GP to be certificate provider as he's not known my father long in the nursing home.He has got capasity to say yes and no what he wants. For example the the GP asked My brother, sisters and me on three occasions if my dad stopped breathing do we want him resused. We told him to ask my dad. My sister and I asked my dad in front of the GP and explained to my dad if he did stop breathing and was resussed he might not be the same as he is now. my dad then said no he did not want to be ressused.Then we brought up other issues that we had with the nursing home and GP left. My father loved it. An heated argument about his care.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
How long has the GP been treating your father?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

the GP has been trating my dad since January when he went into the nursing home.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

the Dr has known my father since !4th January 2014.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Gp known my father since January2014.

That is sufficient for the GP to be the Certificate Provider - assuming that the GP is willing to do so.
Your father is still entitled t Pension Credit
Please ask if you need further details
Clare and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

My Aunty has my fathers mothers will from Jamaica. She needs my dad to sign an agreement to the part of land that their mother has said he can have .A Notery republic has to whitness him signing it. My fathers speach is poor. he can make a cross but not sign his name. The only part of his name he can write is A.where do I find a Notery person.

You can find a local Notary on the website here