How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 35054
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I had a breakdown 40 yrs ago and my old solicitor put me under

This answer was rated:

I had a breakdown 40 yrs ago and my old solicitor put me under office of public guardian with regard to my will as I own a house I wish to change my will can I do so.also the old diagnosis by an unqualified psciciatrist is rechond to be wrong and I suffer from depression not scitsoprenia
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
Are you still under the care of the Official Solicitor
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ibeli eve I still under care

Have you discussed your Mental Health with your current Consultant?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

my consultant wants a review as he thinks its depression waiting for referral letter from hospital

Once you have an assessment that confirms that you have mental capacity then you can ask to be released from the Care of the Official Solicitor - and at that point you can indeed make a new Will
Indeed once you have medical evidence of your capacity you can make a Will even if you are still under the Care of the OS
Please ask if you need further details
Clare and other Law Specialists are ready to help you