How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

When my property was bought, Nairnsey Fisher & Lewis undertook

Customer Question

When my property was bought, Nairnsey Fisher & Lewis undertook the conveyancing work. Due to a London Plane tree outside the front of the house which is on Basildon Borough Council land and concerns from the mortgage company, the conveyancer solicitors wrote to Basildon Borough Council for assurance that the true would be kept in good order and reminding the council that they are responsible for damage to the house caused by the tree. Case ref: MB.CAH.33619.SWEENEY. There are a number of cracks that have now appeared on the exterior walls of the house and paving as well as an interior crack. What are my legal rights in terms of having the council owned tree removed and repairs to my property please?
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Ash replied 3 years ago.
Alex Watts :

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Alex Watts :

Do you know that this was caused by the tree please?