How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32177
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

Dear Madam or Sir,My wife owns a third of the share

Customer Question

Dear Madam or Sir, My wife owns a third of the share of freehold in our 3 flat building, the remaining two thirds are owned by a husband and wife who own the ground floor and first floor flats. We are being sued for damages to our downstairs neighbours' property due to renovation works in our apartment above. The case was awarded to the multitrack and we have lost our right to argue our case. My wife has been suffering from (and being treated for) post natal depression since the birth of our daughter 14 months ago (she was born around three months into the project and 1 month before it completed) and she (my wife) has not been able to cope with this and has suffered severe anxiety attacks to the point where she ignored all letters until i picked it up very late on. I think that we have been given bad advice by our solicitor and wanted a second opinion, our solicitor has said there is nothing more that we can do but I can't see how we can be treated so unfairly since they are claiming damages of £18000 plus costs (probably in the region of £30000). We accept that there was some disruption and damage but cannot accept the quantum. Our solicitor has furthermore advised that if we were to try for an application to the court to allow my wife (in who's name the property is) to make representation the outcome will not be good. Can you help, we are running short on time. Kind regards Jethro XXXXXX

Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 3 years ago.
I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thank you!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Nicola,

Thanks for keeping me updated.

We are running out of time but I m aware that I only posted the question on Friday. I'm afraid we picked this up late but I really do need someone's help and I have no other resource.

Please do continue to try your best since every day my wife gets worse because of her condition. Our neighbours also continue to badger her despite my many requests for them to deposit.

I anxiously await your reply.


Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 3 years ago.
Hello Jethro,
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Thank you for your patience,
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 3 years ago.
Hello Jethro,
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Thank you for your patience,
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks Nicola,

At this stage it does not look like you will be finding anyone who could help me given the time frame, would you therefore please cancel my question and refund my money?

Kind regards