How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

Dear Sir,I am looking at purchising my property i live

Customer Question

Dear Sir,
I am looking at purchising my property i live in at an agrreed price, but the lease is complecated and will have to spend a lot of time and money to rectify using a good solicitor, but do want to secuire my purchase for the safty not getting gussumped
please can you let me know what approx cost is in volved'
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 3 years ago.
Hello and thanks for using Just Answer.
I am Al and am happy to assist you with your enquiry.
Could you please give me a little more information- when you say the Lease is complicated, do you mean the wording in the Lease is defective and needs to be amended?
Could you please let me know what type of property you are proposing to purchase?
What development are you proposing for which planning permission will be needed?
I look forward to hearing from you.
Kind Regards
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for your prompt reply, this property is a 2 bed flat ground floor, we purchased in 2007, and my partner and i are splitting up , this property has a basement which we have used since purchase, but was not registerd on the deed's prevouse owner was also using it a spare room ie office space and storage, i want to buy from my ex partner who has the morgage in there name solely, i want to take on the property for the out standing morgage but as said option to purchase has to be the first step i need to make and will need plenty of time to complete the purchase, sorry no planning required at this stage as i believe i have astablished use ? as the basement has been used for over ten years as part of this flat ?and there is no other access point apart from entering our entrance of this flat ,,hope ive been clearer maybe i can phone you if you would be kind anough to give me your contact number ?


mike byrne

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

can you please come back asap ! need your advise ?

thank you

once again

Mr M F Byrne

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i don't seem to have a reply to my message ? please come back asap.

thank you

michael byrne

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 3 years ago.
It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thank you!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i am happy to wait . but read aston's profile and felt confident to talk !!! to him !! let me know if he is what his quality'd other wise i will check out through other sauces '

sorry dont like being fobbed off ?

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 3 years ago.
I understand. I am not sure why AL opted out; perhaps because on seeing further detail he realised that the question was not in his specific area of expertise.
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Thank you for your patience,