How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ben Jones Your Own Question
Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 50202
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ben Jones is online now

I had an accident at work where I sustained 3rd degree burns

This answer was rated:

I had an accident at work where I sustained 3rd degree burns I have been off sick since 20th February 2013, I currently have a claim in against the company and I wish to hand my notice in is this a possibility
Ben Jones :

Hello, my name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today.

Ben Jones :

How long have you worked there for?

Customer: 3 years
Ben Jones :

you are free to hand in your notice at any time. The employer cannot refuse to accept your resignation, even if that is what they say. You would be expected to submit the notice period which is in your contract and if no contract or notice period exists then you would only be expected to give a week's notice of leaving. If you are signed off sick then you can remain on sick leave during your notice period and once the notice period expires your employment would automatically terminate

Ben Jones :

Hope this clarifies your position? If you could please let me know that would be great, thank you

Ben Jones and other Law Specialists are ready to help you