How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I am trying to trace the owner of the freehold of a property

Customer Question

I am trying to trace the owner of the freehold of a property in the TWICKENHAM area of London.***** TW25NX. I would like verify the existing lease period and the obtain an extension back to 99 years if the existing lease is less than 70 years.
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 3 years ago.
Hello and thanks for using Just Answer.
My name is ***** ***** am happy to assist you with your enquiry.
I am able to investigate this for you and hopefully find the Title Number for the Freehold. You would then be able to apply to the Land Registry, via their website, for a copy of the Freehold title for a nominal sum. You will then be able to see who owns the Freehold and it will also show the term of any Leases.
Would this be sufficient for you?
Kind Regards
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Al.

No this would not be sufficient. I wanted someone to do the searches and provide me with the information. Rob Toner

Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 3 years ago.

Hi Rob,

Thanks for your reply.

I am afraid that i am unable to do this, as it means incurring costs.

I will opt out and see if a fellow expert can assist.

Kind Regards