How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I would like to ask for your help with regards ***** ***** SOPO. I

Customer Question

I would like to ask for your help with regards ***** ***** SOPO. I am subjected to the SOPO indefinitely. I believe that the SOPO is illegal. The 2nd of the 3 conditions states that I am not to be in, or seek, the company of anybody considered to be a vulnerable person by any statutory organisation without being supervised by their parent or guardian. Social Services regard anyone under the age of 18 to be vulnerable. I have a 5 year old daughter. I am only allowed contact with supervision by my Mother, who my daughter lives with, and my sister. This is to remain the same for the rest of my life as the SOPO is indefinite. I am not allowed any contact with anyone under the age of 18 unless supervised by a person approved by Social Services. This includes any place of work. I would not be allowed to work at any company who may, now or in the future, of employment to anyone under 18. As you can imagine this limits employment possibilities to a ridiculous level. I cannot get any of the statutory organisations to give a definitive definition of a vulnerable person. In December 2009 I was convicted of the rape of a 26 year old female who was not considered to be a vulnerable person. In May of 2009 I was arrested, remanded and endured a trial at Derby Magistrates Court for an alleged assault on my then partner, and Mother of my 5 year old daughter. The outcome was no case to answer. However, Social Services have stated that this allegation is enough to ensure I am not allowed unsupervised contact with anyone under the age of 18 for the rest of my life. This is apparently because there is a chance that, despite the courts finding, the incident may have happened. I am not allowed to have any contact with any of my family members under the age of 18 unless supervised by my Mother or sister. This includes my nieces children, even if my nieces, who are all well over 18, are present. The supervision is so severe that if my Mother or sister leave the room I, or my Daughter, have to leave with them. I would be grateful if you could help me resolve this issue. I do not know where else to turn. Thank you in anticipation, Yours sincerely ***** *****

Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will try to help with this.
What would you like to know about this please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I would like to know how I can appeal the SOPO?